How To Get Involved
Here’s an overview of how to get involved, just to get you started. You can learn more and go in depth about how to participate in KinkForAll, too.
KinkForAll is a participant-driven event. It relies on large groups of loosely organized people to work together in a coordinated, highly communicative fashion. This keeps costs low and value high.
As you think about how to get involved, remember the Rules of KinkForAll:
Attendees must give a talk or a presentation, help with one, or otherwise contribute in some way to support the event.
Getting Started Step by Step
- First, join the KinkForAll Mailing List, and introduce yourself.
- Next, create a wiki account. The KinkForAll wiki is our main website, and is completely editable by participants.
- If there is an upcoming KinkForAll unconference you would like to attend, add your name and information to its registration page. Here’s a video walkthrough showing you how to do this.
- Connect with other participants through the mailing list and any other social media channels being used.
- Become familiar with what to expect and the rules of KinkForAll.
- Participate in the organization and discussion leading up to the event.
- Plan your presentation. Or not, if you’d rather wing it.
- Attend, participate, and create a great event!
- Document your experience and presentation online for future participants to learn from. Here are examples of some videos from past presentations.